Pen pal letters can be tricky, because you don’t know a whole lot about the other person and vice versa. It’s difficult to know what they might find interesting.
That’s why I’ve made this post with some pointers, to help you write your first pen pal letter. And hey - maybe you don’t get to all of it in the first go ‘round and you can use it as a springboard for future pen pal letters!
Start by introducing yourself, explaining where you are writing from and what it’s like there.
Put yourself on a map so the receiver has an idea of where you are in the world.
- Start the letter by introducing yourself and explaining where you are from
- Describe what life is like there
- If you live in a small town or a place that isn't known worldwide, reference the closest big city and tell them:
- how far it is from you and
- how you would get there from your house (train, plane, ferry, car)
- Previous page
- Page 2 of 2